Modern cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles come with complex
technology such as digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers,
unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more
efficiently than models of years past. However, they eventually need to be
Before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service, do your homework so you receive the best possible service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
- Do not ignore any warning signals your car may give you.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give your mechanic.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Allow our experienced technicians to diagnose and recommend a remedy.
- It's important to note when the problem occurs. Is it constant or periodic? Does it occur when the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up? Does it happen at all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
Check for the following common vehicle maintenance issues on a regular basis:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, and vibrations.
- When did the problem first start?
How to manage your service experience:
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for an explanation in laymans terms if necessary.
- Don't rush the technicians. You may be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and cost before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Make sure the shop has your contact information readily available, so you can be reached as soon as possible.
Claudia and Nathan correctly diagnosed and replaced the worn control arms of the front wheels, causing uneven wear on the tires of my BMW. They also alerted me of an oil leak from a previous oil gasket work which I got redone by the other shop that had worked on it. They replaced the blower motor of the A/C of my son's Prius and replaced a broken mirror. We appreciate their attention to detail and quality of work and would highly recommend them.
Philip Varghese, 09/17/2021
Very thorough with the diagnosis they ran on my 2018 civic, they seem to be very honest and knowledgeable and I will expect to have a bit of work done on my vehicle here at a reasonable price with no worries.
Tyler Newsome, 08/17/2021
I've taken our vehicles to EuropAsian Auto Pro's on several occasions and found them to always be thoughtful for the care of our vehicles. Always professional and knowledgeable as subject matter experts. We will continue to take our vehicles there because we know that they will treat our vehicle as their own. Thank you Claudia and Nathan for always treating us like family. You guys ROCK!!!
abbie nunez, 08/11/2021